Lettuce RP and Stuff

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

a place for our friend group to rp because skype doesn't work for that.

3 posters

Rebirth of the mall rp

tenzin
    tenzin
    Admin

Rebirth of the mall rp Empty Rebirth of the mall rp

Post by tenzin Fri Sep 04, 2015 6:01 pm

Another mall rp except Gigi isn't here to be a pissbaby and fuck it up for everyone uwu
    Eggy
    Eggy
    Admin

Rebirth of the mall rp Empty Re: Rebirth of the mall rp

Post by Eggy Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:03 pm

May

May let out a small sigh as she walked through the mall, looking left and right at the shops she was passing, hoping that something she saw would catch her eye or at least give her the faintest idea of what to buy. It was her brother, Oliver's, birthday that week, and while she had the money and the time to buy him a present, she was still uncertain what exactly to get him.

Of course, she knew he would be happy even if she just took the time to bake him a batch of his favourite cookies and call it a present, but she'd used that as a way out far too many times, and it was starting to look pretty lazy.

She stepped inside one of the many clothing stores, pondering.

Maybe something simple, like a T-Shirt.... but he has a lot of this. Maybe I could buy him a new blazer, or something fancier like that. I think he said he has a job interview soon, so it would be good timing.

She started browsing through a rack on display, humming a tune to herself.

Q

Q was standing behind the counter of what he could call the most obnoxious but equally depressing place on the planet--Starbucks. And not just any Starbucks, the one at the mall (the most obnoxious and equally depressing place in the world after Starbucks). He was definitely not a happy camper, and if he didn't desperately need the money, he wouldn't have given accepting this shift a thought, but fate works in funny ways and living is getting more and more expensive.

He waited, forcing his facial features into his best poker face as to hide his annoyance (he might not like the place, but he'd hate it even more if they fired him for poor customer service), waiting for the next customer and hoping it wouldn't be one as obnoxious as a girl from a while ago who had stood fifteen minutes there, changing her mind every time she ordered something.

Just a couple more goddamn hours and then I can go home, he thought to himself, suppressing a sigh. Today was such a ridiculously long day...
    Satan_Loves_U
    Satan_Loves_U

Post by Satan_Loves_U Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:25 pm

Vira & Damaris

"Why the fuck did you bring me out again?" Vira grumbled to her friend Damaris. She absolutely knew that her plucky friend knew that going out was nowhere near her cup of tea. "I want to be home. Take me home."
    The latina rolled her eyes at her pessimist of a friend didn't enjoy being outside. But she also knew that if she let Vira go home she'd partake in..recreational harm. "No, I will not take you home. You promise you'd sleep over tonight! Grandma is going out and you know how I get..."
    Vira rolled her eyes. "Fuckin' baby..."
    tenzin
    tenzin
    Admin

Post by tenzin Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:36 pm

Kevin
    Rebirth of the mall rp Tumblr_inline_n5l828zVDH1r9r07e

Going to the mall was never really something on the top of Kev's priority list. Considering that he rarely had money to spend and window shopping was about just as exciting as watching paint dry, he clearly had better options to where he chose to spend his free time. Today was no exception- especially because he was being forced to watch his older brother fuss over suits. Apparently the pants that came with Alfie's obnoxious rich kid school were not long enough for his stupid long legs and he couldn't get away with wearing pants up to his ankles. It was against dresscode or something.

Just as he thought his head was about to explode from all the fretting his older brother was doing over the costs of said pants, Kev spotted a familiar face... Not a super familiar face, but it was definitely better than listening to Alfie... Besides, there was a good chance that it might result in free cookies. If Kevin knew anything for sure- free cookies were the best cookies.  

"Hey cookie girl!"
    Weisis
    Rebirth of the mall rp Tumblr_mcvw33md9U1r3yxr7

It had been a very long, turbulent day thus far and Weisis was unsure how much more she could possibly take. She'd spent the entire day handing out resumes and several places had interviewed her on the spot- one manager went as far as telling her to come back when she loses the piercings. It was safe to say her patience level was reaching a breaking point. Although the stack of resumes was no where near the size it had been that morning, she still had several places left to stop. She'd left the food court for last because she figured it would be quicker to tackle it all at once. The only place she'd already hit had been a smoothie place, although she was pretty certain that interview had not gone over well at all.

She looked around to see which places weren't as busy as others and eventually decided on the one of many overpriced coffee places. She headed over to the counter, barely bothering to look up from her resume stack. "Hi, is there a manager in?"

Theo
    Rebirth of the mall rp Tumblr_mh4p6u7ucd1rgbr06o2_250

Theo was strolling through the mall not out of personal preference, but as a way to kill time. It wasn't uncommon for Theo not to go home most nights, nor was it uncommon to end up in a stranger's bed with little recollection of the evening before. Despite this, it was extremely uncommon for the man to lose his keys. He usually wore them around his neck to make certain that he had them... Apparently something had gone wrong however and he's managed to lose them despite that. He knew Teagan was in class right now and that if he went home, he'd be waiting outside the apartment for hours.

Despite these very unfortunate events, and the fact that he was wearing yesterday's clothes- a would be walk of shame (if the man was capable of feeling shame that is) he was in good spirits. At least the mall had air conditioning- why would he complain? As he continued through the mall, a grin spread across his face as he spotted a familiar face. "Fancy seein' you here, chere~"

Last edited by tenzin on Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
    Eggy
    Eggy
    Admin

Post by Eggy Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:07 pm

May

While normally, people wouldn't make a habit of turning around at the sound of 'cookie girl', May had been called that and plenty of variations to it a lot of times, so she turned and looked around. She finally spotted the source of the voice, a boy who actually seemed kind of--Oh.

"Oh, hey! It's... I didn't actually catch your name back then--I guess we were both kind of preoccupied with discussing random stuff in that elevator," she laughed, remembering the unfortunate incident. "And I'm May, by the way--not that I mind 'cookie girl' or anything, but just saying. Are you here to shop too?"

She said almost all that in one breath, her usually fast speech and energetic personality being amplified by the caffeinated drink she'd had earlier. Well, a little more energy never hurt anyone, even if it made her seem a little bit spazzy (and didn't make the task of focusing on finding Oliver a present any easier, mind you).

Q

Q was snapped out of his thoughts by the arrival of the girl, and suddenly regretted not paying much attention during his shift. He suppressed the urge to groan while scrambling for a reply.

"Not right now, but he should be here any minute," he bit back an 'I think' while trying to recall whether the manager had shown up that day and had just stepped out had yet to arrive. Part of him wanted to blame this on the fact that he was just not as familiar with this particular shitty shop as opposed to the one he usually worked at, but he knew he had just had a tough time paying attention all day.

Maybe with some luck the manager would magically show up in that instant and spare him from having to talk to the customer, or, based on her stack of what looked like resumes, she'll just leave and come back another day to bother the manager.

He narrowed his eyes, suddenly realising she looked vaguely familiar.

"You're the angry elevator girl," he blurted out when it all clicked into place, only afterwards figuring that opening that subject and with that choice of words while at work was probably a stupid decision.
    Satan_Loves_U
    Satan_Loves_U

Post by Satan_Loves_U Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:15 pm

Vira
    "I ain't no fuckin' baby, you're the fuckin' baby, baby." Damaris teased, elbowing her in the ribs. "Besides, you know you looove spending time with me~"
    "Honestly, I'd sell you to Satan for a damn slice of-" Her sentence was cut short by a loud squeal coming from her friend's god damn mouth. Damaris had dropped her arm and ran into the arms of a taller man.

Damaris
    She gripped onto Theo tightly, bringing him into a hug-or at least, hugging him as much as her arms could let her. "Theooooo-jeeztheoyousmellbad-Theoo~! Hello~!" She tried slipping the slightly rude comment under her breath, hoping Theo didn't catch on.
    tenzin
    tenzin
    Admin

Post by tenzin Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:33 pm

Kevin

Kevin smiled and shrugged.... "Well, May is easier than cookie girl to be honest.- and it's Kevin by the way... Although I'm starting to regret that now that those minion things are so big." He paused "And no, I'm here with my brother who is waffling over two ridiculously expensive pair of tacky dress pants that look exactly the same.... What brings you here? I'm not sure anything here is exactly your size or style."

Weisis

Staying true to her new found identifier, Weisis scowled. "And apparently you are terrible at customer service." she recognized the barista and was not overly thrilled to see him considering they'd more than gotten off on the wrong foot. "how do you even have a job?"

Theo

Theo's grin only widened and he returned the hug. "and yet you still can't keep your hands off me~ never seen a girl so eager to get her hands on me." he shook his head in mock disgust
    Eggy
    Eggy
    Admin

Post by Eggy Fri Sep 04, 2015 9:51 pm

May

May laughed, "At least you're not named after a month--I mean people jokingly calling me April, June and stuff is cute and all, but still. Kevin's a cool name."

Upon hearing his last observation, she furrowed her eyebrows and then looked down at the stack of clothing she was browsing.

"Oh, right! It's not for me--I'm trying to find a present for one of my brothers. His birthday is coming up, and I thought of like, clothes. Maybe a fancy blazer for his job interview or something--but I kinda suck at buying clothes for guys and I'm actually not sure what he likes because most of the time I just see him in a ratty T-shirt and boxers," she squinted as the memory came up. "Not really informative--or the best sight."

She turned towards Kevin, "Could you help me, maybe? If you don't have anything to do and all."

Q

Predictably, the blunt statement had bit him in the ass, as the girl seemed just as annoyed as she had been during the elevator incident.

Well, too late to take that back, he thought to himself, and humoured the thought of apologising, even if as a formality, but changed his mind as he remembered that during their first meeting, none of his attempts at being vaguely civil had worked.

"I applied for the job, I was interviewed, they decided to give me the job, and here I am," he replied, making a half-assed effort at choosing his words, to at least prevent cussing on the job, if anything. "You asked how I got the job," he clarified, in case his statement before had seemed random and then couldn't help himself from adding: "And technically you're a customer if you buy something."

If he kept provoking angry elevator girl he was probably going to be looking forward to a being fired from his job, and he'd rather that didn't happen since he needed the money--but his patience was wearing thin and he just wanted his shift to be over, so he was starting to have a hard time bringing himself to care.
    Satan_Loves_U
    Satan_Loves_U

Post by Satan_Loves_U Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:19 pm

Damaris
    "Shut up!" She giggled, shoving him playfully. "What are you doing here? Hot date~?" She smirked.

Vira
    She rolled her eyes as she watched her friend shamelessly flirt with this..Theo. Person.
    tenzin
    tenzin
    Admin

Post by tenzin Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:22 pm

Kevin

Kevin smirked and shrugged his shoulders "you never know- Caesar got a month named after himself, maybe I'll get one too. They'll be marking the 8th of kevin on their calendars for centuries to come." he cleared his throat and tried to get back on topic "sure I can help- just let me know like how much of a git do you want him to look like? Because if you pick like a bright red blazer or something, he'll be looking like the king of gits. Those are the kind of people my  brother hangs around and let me tell you- I wouldn't hire one."

Weisis

What little patience Weisis had had clearly run out. "Stop trying to be funny and page your manager like I asked... Although any appeal there might have been for working here is pretty much gone"

Theo

Theo shrugged smugly. "if that were the case, they clearly stood me up." he glanced past Mari and took notice of Vira "Although... I could ask you the same question" he added an eyebrow wag for dramatic effect "who is your friend you're so rudely not introducing?"
    Satan_Loves_U
    Satan_Loves_U

Post by Satan_Loves_U Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:33 pm

Damaris
    Damaris ginned slyly at Theo before backing up and grabbing her slender friend by her waist. "Thiiiiiiis," she said as she tugged her closer to him. "is Vira. Ain't she a gem~?" She smirked.

Vira
    "Wow, Damaris, don't just grab me like that." She looked over at her, completely ignoring the frenchman. "At least not in public~"
    "You're both perverts." She her Damaris grumble under her breath.
    Eggy
    Eggy
    Admin

Post by Eggy Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:46 pm

May

May seemed to consider this for a minute, "To be honest, I'd rather go with 'not a git at all'--because I'm guessing that's bad. Plus, red isn't really my brother's colour. He's more of a green guy--but green blazers don't look very professional, just silly. I just want like something that'll make him look a little more serious but not too serious, so I don't want something boring like black."

She paused, turning to Kevin, "Do you think I should just reconsider the whole blazer idea?"

Q

Q rolled his eyes. "There was actually some appeal to working here to begin with? Colour me surprised," he muttered, but decided not to piss off the girl even more and do as told.

In a perfect world, the manager would've come to take over after being paged, get angry elevator girl out of his hair and leave him to spend the rest of his miserable shift in relative peace. In reality, all he accomplished by contacting the manager was getting the task of interviewing the girl himself, to his shock and absolute horror. He knew that trying to argue it out with the manager wouldn't be in his favour, but he really feared for his sanity if he thought that dumping this task on Q would have good results.

It literally kills him to say while trying not to look annoyed or grit his teeth: "Looks like I'm going to be interviewing you today," and with a hopeful note, add: "If you're still interested in the job."

Say no and just move on to the goddamn salad bar so I don't have to do this. You hate my guts and the salad bar's nicer. This isn't worth your time or mine, he pointlessly thinks to himself.
    tenzin
    tenzin
    Admin

Post by tenzin Fri Sep 04, 2015 10:57 pm

Kevin

Kev nodded "Yeah, honestly I think blazers scream 'i am a git' generally. don't lead your brother down that path... Get him something cool... Like I don't know... soap? I don't buy a lot of gifts, but in my experience people use soap." 

Weisis

Weisis scoffed and gave him a skeptical look "Well if you're interviewing me, I obviously won't get the job- you have a blatant bias!"

Theo

Theo put a hand over his heart and gasped "I am nothing but pure and innocent, I'm deeply offended that you think otherwise." He paused and then added "but really, what brings you to lovely ladies to the mall... aside from the air conditioning?"
    Eggy
    Eggy
    Admin

Post by Eggy Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:44 am

May

She sighed, "But I'm pretty sure he has soap--like, I wanted to get him something more special, because usually I just cook stuff for him for his birthday. But I really don't know what he'd want to get--I mean, he needs sneakers, so I would've bought him a new pair if Joe hadn't already thought of that before me," she pouted.

She remembered pretty clearly how her brother had smugly dangled the nice, brand new pair of shoes in front of her and Toby (who had scowled, called him a jackass and told him this was not a competition).

Regretfully, she looked at the clothes she was browsing through, "Maybe I should get him a shirt instead--shirts are easier to shop for, right?"

Q

Q debated whether he should just agree with her so she'd lose interest in applying for the job and go on her merry way, saving himself the trouble of having to deal with something he definitely did not sign up for when he took this shift. He sighed, though, deciding that if he were to be that big of an asshole it would probably nag at him for the rest of the day.

"Right, look--no matter how annoying you are, I'm not going to sabotage your chances at getting a job just cause I feel like it," he stated, slightly irritated at the assumption. "I know better than anyone that nobody comes to work here because they just love the idea of working at freaking Starbucks."

"I don't know if you can tell but this wasn't exactly my first choice for a job," he added, dryly, despite knowing that talking shit about his workplace would not do him any favours if he was overheard. He sighed again, shrugging his shoulders, "And I probably didn't look like the shining image of an ideal employee either, but I still got a fair chance. So since you need a job and I'm stuck interviewing you, I'm going to be fair about it too."

Assuming I can bullshit my way out of this and think of some generic interview questions, he thought to himself, suddenly having a new appreciation for the routine and simplicity of taking orders from customers.
    Satan_Loves_U
    Satan_Loves_U

Post by Satan_Loves_U Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:08 am

Damaris
    Rebirth of the mall rp Tumblr_mi19ppI3rj1qfr1efo1_500

"Vira is helping me pick new dye for my hair." She smiled, grabbing at the blonde bits of her hair. "She's very good at picking colors, you should come with us!" She nudged Vira gently before whispers, "Vira, say hi to Theo, don't be rude.." She frowned.

Vira
    Rebirth of the mall rp Tumblr_inline_nfqzavZIxT1szv7ch
    Vira rolled her eyes. "I'm not a child Damaris." She eyed the frenchman before smirking a little. "Hi, I'm sorry you have the displeasure of knowing Damaris."
    tenzin
    tenzin
    Admin

Post by tenzin Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:52 pm

Kevin

Kev nodded before returning to his previous suggestion "you know, the great thing about soap is that people use it up, if they aren't you should probably be questioning their personal hygiene...." He paused once again. "But yeah, go for a shirt if you want- just don't buy it from this store unless you want him to look like a tool"

Weisis

Weisis very predictably, rolled her eyes. It physically pained her to attempt to be civil despite the fact that she's barely spoken to the poor guy. It was extremely unfair to judge him so harshly and hold a stupid stuck elevator against him... and yet... "Don't give me that- you make tips and that's a lot more than other people get, so don't act so hard done by because you have to make frappacinos... You seriously can't convince me this was some sort of last resort."

Theo

"Displeasure?" Theo smirked "surely you can't be referring to this Damaris!" He turned his gaze back to Mari. "But imagine if I tagged along and your friend started spreading misinformation about me- if she says these things about you- just imagine the horrible things she'd say about someone as charming as myself!"
    Satan_Loves_U
    Satan_Loves_U

Post by Satan_Loves_U Sat Sep 05, 2015 8:08 pm

Rebirth of the mall rp Tumblr_mi19ppI3rj1qfr1efo1_500
    Damaris
    "Theo, I'm more than sure Vira won't spread anything that people don't already know about~" She teased. "But you should definitely join us!"

Rebirth of the mall rp Tumblr_inline_nfqzavZIxT1szv7ch
    Vira

"Yes, please join us." She said cooly. "Don't leave me alone with her, man. She talks my ear off."
    Eggy
    Eggy
    Admin

Post by Eggy Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:35 pm

May

May laughed, sheepishly. "Well, he lives all by himself and has been out of a job for a while so, knowing him, yeah, I really don't know how much soap he's using, to be honest," she pointed out brightly, completely unaffected by the fact she'd implied her brother could be one of those people with questionable hygiene.

She looked down at the clothes she was inspecting, humming. "You're probably right--all these things look a little too fancy," she turned a price tag around in her hand. Her eyes widened, and she dropped the piece of paper like it was hot. "Actually, you're totally right. We should go see another shop. I'll probably find a shirt for my brother there--in another shop."

Okay, but why didn't I look at the prices before I started looking at clothes? Stupid.

Q

He scoffed, bitterly. "Well, it kind of counts as last resort if it's the only place that didn't assume I'm some kind of thug and actually hired me, doesn't it?"

Realising he was venturing into pretty dangerous territory and that he would rather not start a pity party by ranting to angry elevator girl of all people about the many reasons why life seemed to have a personal vendetta against him, he let out a shaky, frustrated sigh.

You need the fucking money. This shift is over in a couple of hours. As much as you complain about the job, she's right about the fact that you get money, and you need that money, dumbass--so do it for the money, he repeated in his head, like some sort of ridiculous mantra.

He narrowed his eyes at elevator girl. "Listen--I realise that for whatever fucked up reason you have something against me since the elevator thing, but if you actually want this job, I'm going to have to interview you--I'm no more happy about this than you are, and if doing the job interview with me is such a big problem, you're free to leave."

Feeling a headache coming on, he massaged his temples while refraining from asking angry elevator girl whether she was having a bad day or just always acted like everyone had it in for her.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:47 am